Alaska Airlines knows the importance of outreach to advance innovation and develop talent. That is why, as part of Alaska Airlines’ three-year title sponsorship of the WSU Imagine Tomorrow competition, the company has committed three million airline miles to WSU
The 2018 Alaska Airlines Travel Awards application period has closed. All awardees will be notified prior to 12/25/17. For questions regarding your application please contact Ruby Escamilla.
As part of Alaska Airlines’ title sponsorship of the WSU Imagine Tomorrow competition, the company has committed to a total of three million miles to be distributed over three years starting in 2016, with one million granted each year. WSU faculty, graduate and undergraduate students working in areas related to Alaska Airlines Imagine Tomorrow’s competition categories qualify to receive these miles.
- Applicants must be WSU faculty members, students or student groups conducting research or activities related to increasing sustainability in one or more of the following Alaska Airlines Imagine Tomorrow categories:
- The Itron Food, Energy and Water Challenge
- The Boeing Aerospace and Transportation Challenge
- The McKinstry Built Environment Challenge
- Applicants must be seeking travel for:
- Attending external conferences, industry events or presentations
- Bringing an expert(s) to campus for lectures or events related to the above categories
- Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate high applicability to the Imagine Tomorrow categories, have financial need, and will be actively involved at the activity of their choosing (such as presenting at a conference vs. attending).
An internal panel will review each round of applications. If you receive an award, the review committee will contact you about the process for booking your flights.
Contact Ruby Escamilla at email@example.com, or 206-428-3026.